Sometimes it’s nice to take things less seriously. We are just pieces of stardust anyhow.
I’m writing this as I am currently sick in bed, ha. Since it’s cold and flu season, some of you may be coming down with the sniffles and need some guidance. (these things are all tested on me so we OBVIOUSLY know they are helpful. jokes.)
- REST! What a surprise. You immune system is working really hard because it loves you <3, love it back.
- Watch too much Netflix (Is there such a thing? Yes.) My personal favorites right now are Gilmore Girls, American Horror Story, and Parks and Rec.
- Drank. For real though, you may not want to eat, but staying powered with aqua, tea, and maybe a cheeky cocoa are realllllyyyyyyyy important. PS: lemon and honey camomile tea. try it. boom.
- Mild exercise. Listen, you know your body, and if you are just like, “NO I WANT TO SLEEP!!” then you do you. But personally for me, some gentle yoga and going on a walk seriously works wonders. I love this mild yoga routine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5YvtYXSocw&list=WL&index=119
- Hot, Hot! Steam your sinus’s under a hot bowl of water. I know it gets a little gross and uncomfortable, but it can really help ‘clear you out’. I like to add a drop of lavender essential oil into the water. Also if you want to feel real nice all over, a hot shower does the trick.
- SOOOOOOUP. Soup is one of my favorite things ever. I kind of love being sick so it can be an excuse to eat soup for every meal. Homemade chicken noodle is no joke.
- Music. Ok I had to add this in because earlier I was doing yoga and Breathe Me by Sia came on my Spotify playlist and it kind of low-key changed my life.
Until next time,
Hello! I love fall. Love love love it. It is so magical and happy and perfect. I know it’s already the 12th but sometimes it’s nice to have a bit of a structure to the month and maybe even challenge yourself to go out of your comfort zone while still basking in the essence of fall. So, I present to you, your 2014 fall bucket list:
- intricately carve fat pumpkins
- make roasted pumpkin seeds with above pumpkins
- go apple picking in the wild
- bake a pie with above apples
- have friends over to watch spooky movies with cider and loads of blankets
- rake a perfect pile of red and orange leaves…then jump in them
- fall-up your room: add some lights around your bed, light fall-scented candles (i love Williams Sonoma and Bath & Body Works), and throw cozy blankets on your bed
- go to a haunted house/hayride
- watch old Disney Channel halloween movies
- get lost in a corn maze
- build a fort with couch cushions and blankets
- sleep in, make pancakes and spend the day being cozy
- go on a fall run and appreciate nature
Hello all! I am having such a wonderfully blissful Saturday. This week felt like FOREVER. I truly didn’t think Friday would come. As many of you know, the official start of Autumn was this past week, and boy did it feel like it. This time of year just makes me want to go on crispy air walks, come home and sip tea by the fire with a plump book. And that’s what this week felt like, fall makes you want to slow down and be more grounded. So, here are some snapshots of my today, I hope your today is blissed out!
Until next time,