Sometimes it’s nice to take things less seriously. We are just pieces of stardust anyhow.
Category Archives: About me
Travel Vision Board.
Things To Do When You’re Sick In Bed
I’m writing this as I am currently sick in bed, ha. Since it’s cold and flu season, some of you may be coming down with the sniffles and need some guidance. (these things are all tested on me so we OBVIOUSLY know they are helpful. jokes.)
- REST! What a surprise. You immune system is working really hard because it loves you <3, love it back.
- Watch too much Netflix (Is there such a thing? Yes.) My personal favorites right now are Gilmore Girls, American Horror Story, and Parks and Rec.
- Drank. For real though, you may not want to eat, but staying powered with aqua, tea, and maybe a cheeky cocoa are realllllyyyyyyyy important. PS: lemon and honey camomile tea. try it. boom.
- Mild exercise. Listen, you know your body, and if you are just like, “NO I WANT TO SLEEP!!” then you do you. But personally for me, some gentle yoga and going on a walk seriously works wonders. I love this mild yoga routine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5YvtYXSocw&list=WL&index=119
- Hot, Hot! Steam your sinus’s under a hot bowl of water. I know it gets a little gross and uncomfortable, but it can really help ‘clear you out’. I like to add a drop of lavender essential oil into the water. Also if you want to feel real nice all over, a hot shower does the trick.
- SOOOOOOUP. Soup is one of my favorite things ever. I kind of love being sick so it can be an excuse to eat soup for every meal. Homemade chicken noodle is no joke.
- Music. Ok I had to add this in because earlier I was doing yoga and Breathe Me by Sia came on my Spotify playlist and it kind of low-key changed my life.
Until next time,
Fall Bucketlist 2014.
Hello! I love fall. Love love love it. It is so magical and happy and perfect. I know it’s already the 12th but sometimes it’s nice to have a bit of a structure to the month and maybe even challenge yourself to go out of your comfort zone while still basking in the essence of fall. So, I present to you, your 2014 fall bucket list:
- intricately carve fat pumpkins
- make roasted pumpkin seeds with above pumpkins
- go apple picking in the wild
- bake a pie with above apples
- have friends over to watch spooky movies with cider and loads of blankets
- rake a perfect pile of red and orange leaves…then jump in them
- fall-up your room: add some lights around your bed, light fall-scented candles (i love Williams Sonoma and Bath & Body Works), and throw cozy blankets on your bed
- go to a haunted house/hayride
- watch old Disney Channel halloween movies
- get lost in a corn maze
- build a fort with couch cushions and blankets
- sleep in, make pancakes and spend the day being cozy
- go on a fall run and appreciate nature
Sleepy Saturday, Cats, & Soup.
Hello all! I am having such a wonderfully blissful Saturday. This week felt like FOREVER. I truly didn’t think Friday would come. As many of you know, the official start of Autumn was this past week, and boy did it feel like it. This time of year just makes me want to go on crispy air walks, come home and sip tea by the fire with a plump book. And that’s what this week felt like, fall makes you want to slow down and be more grounded. So, here are some snapshots of my today, I hope your today is blissed out!
Until next time,
A Gentle Transition Into Fall
Oh how fall is creeping around the corner! The days are getting busier and the nights darker. I think at each season, it’s important to reflect and set goals. Hopefully this guide helps you into the transition of fall
- right as you wake up, set your mind into the right place. think of what you want to get out of the day. Carpe Diem!
- warmth is needed. (tea!) (socks!)
- look back at your goals. it’s a new season, ask yourself:
-what excites me in my life? what doesn’t?
-are the people in my life supporting me and making me a better person? am i?
-am i fully present during my day? (at work/school, when i talk to others)
-am i exerting my body daily? what about incorporating healing & fresh foods in my diet daily?
-are my thoughts primarily positive? am i releasing & forgiving negative thoughts that enter my mind?
Until next time,
5 Changes To Have A Smoother Morning
1. Prep your water.
Water is always the first thing to think about in the morning. It wakes your body up and is incredibly beneficial for the body. If you don’t easily remember to drink water when you wake, fill a large liter with some H2O and ice, put it by your bedside, and it will be all ready for the morning.
2. Set your intentions
If you set the tone for the day, by writing down how you want to feel and what energy you want to radiate throughout the day, it can completely change your day.
3. Fuel your body
Having a healthy breakfast will give your body and brain energy to handle whatever obstacles you face throughout the day. If you’re in a time crunch, whip up a healthy green smoothie, almond butter toast with banana, or some overnight oats.
4. Move your body
If you have the time, it would be so great to go on a run or an hour yoga session, but a lot of us don’t have that time. I recommend wake up ten minutes earlier and spend that time going on a five minute walk outside and five minutes doing some stretch yoga. You will feel so much better going into your day, I promise.
5. Know what you’re going to wear
Not knowing what to wear stresses me out so much. Taking a couple minutes the night before to pick out what you’re going to wear will help you so much!!
Until text time,
Change isn’t quiet.
I used to believe that we should all be peaceful, and love everyone, and not criticize others. But hey, change cannot occur without a brave voice, and that voice isn’t doing what everyone else is doing, that voice is different. So be loud, scream. And people will scream at you right back. If you want to avoid criticism; say nothing, do nothing, be nothing. Open up people’s eyes…gently. Live your truth.
“In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
Until next time,