Remember when I started this series a while ago? You can read the last post here: https://clairetyblog.wordpress.com/2013/01/27/superfoods-of-starches/ A superfood is a food that fuels your body and has nutritious benefits. Sounds awesome right? Well it is! So, let’s get started and EAT UP!
- One avocado provides your body with vitamins A, C, E, K and B6
- Avocados are anti-aging, can improve eye health, and help to regulate blood sugar
- Avocados are a complete protein. But unlike a meat like steak, the avocado protein is easy for your body to absorb.
- Salmon contains vital ingredients for a healthy diet: protein, essential fatty acids, anti-oxidants (vitamins D, E, B-carotene, minerals zinc, iron, copper, manganese and selenium) vitamin A, a range of B vitamins, as well as calcium, phosphorus, potassium and sodium
- A natural source of Omega-3 which has been shown to help in preventing coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis and depression.
- Omega-3s are essential because they cannot be produced naturally by the human body.
- Not to mention, salmon is low carb and high protein.
- Eggs will keep you fuller longer while slimming your waistline. So try an omelet next time you’re grabbing for that bagel.
- One egg is only about 72 calories, packing in healthy fat, protein (6 grams per egg!) and vitamins.
- Eggs are one of the few foods that contain naturally occurring vitamin D.