Spring break is approaching, which hopefully means warm weather and soft clouds and the ocean and flowers and happiness. But as much as we would all like to fly away somewhere exotic without a second thought, you usually have to do some planning. Even if you’re not going to Australia or Hawaii, you can still have a dreamy vacation wherever you’re headed.
- Shoes: sneakers, like chucks. flip flops. fancy-er sandals. one pair of heels for a night out.
- Bottoms: shorts, and lots of them. harem pants. maxi skirts.
- One-Piece: a couple light, flowy dresses in both short and maxi length. rompers and jumpsuits are also great throw-ons
- Tops: light tees and tanks in neutral and bright colors. if you’re feeling a bit daring, go for the cropped style.
- Bikinis: this should take up the majority of your wardrobe, a girl can never have too many bikinis. pack some coverups too.
- Accessories: hats and sunglasses, and lots of them for that matter.
- Makeup: none! pack a little lip balm and you’re good to go. but, if you feel you need it for dinners and such, a little BB cream and bronzer will do the job.
Health and Wellness tips:
- Wherever you’re going, drink lots and lots and LOTS of water
- Look up some local restaurants and cafes prior to your trip
- When in doubt, there is always a near by market to stock up on some basics
- Focus on choosing the right foods wherever you are. You don’t want to feel heavy and clogged on your vacation
- Stay active wherever you are! If you’re near an ocean- swim, paddle board, snorkel, surf. If you’re near a mountain- hike, run, or crawl up. If you’re not near anything- go for a run, walk, or bike and explore the area you’re in. Just find some way to move your body and stay active!
- The only beauty products you need are coconut oil, raw honey, tea tree oil, and sea salt spray! Use the honey as a face cleanser, tea tree oil as a toner, and coconut oil as a moisturizer for your face and body. The only hair product you need in sea salt spray, spray it in on damp or dry hair and don’t fuss too much!
- Freedom (#1) – Bikini Daze
- Ends of the Earth – Lord Huron
- Be Okay – Oh Honey
- Peaches – In The Valley Below
- Latch – Disclosure
- Go Outside – Cults
- All of Me – Tanlines
- Happy – Pharrell
- All of Your Heart – FM Radio
- Pompeii – Bastille
- Pumpin Blood – NONONO
Above all, enjoy where you are and let yourself fully be in the moment. Worrying about the past and future does no good for your soul. Bring a couple good books and embrace wherever the universe takes you.
Until next time,
PS: I would love to see where your spring break leads you so mention me on Instagram @claire_ty or on Twitter @clairebearshear of your vacation or where you would like to go! xx
I love Eleanor Calder, her whole look is very simple and natural, not to mention Eleanor is drop dead gorgeous. I have done my fair share of stalking to put together a little trio on how to get her style, makeup, and hair so you don’t have to, thank me later.
PS: It’s later.
A lot of you are probably wondering this right now. Drop your Google search page and I’ll relieve you; Eleanor is well-known for being One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson’s girlfriend, but Calder has became a style icon for her simplicity. I mean, let’s be real, if someone gets a famous boy-bander, don’t you want to look a bit like them?
Eleanor’s simple and young everyday style is filled with jeans, sneakers, leather jackets, and overalls. TopShop seems to be a store she shops at quite a bit.
Jacket: Burberry // Sneakers: Converse // Jeans: TopShop // Tee: TopShop
Like Eleanor’s style, her makeup is very simple and natural. She just puts on just a bit to emphasize her features.
She said that sometimes she won’t even bother with foundation and just use her YSL touché éclat concealer, but when she does foundation, Eleanor uses the YSL touché éclat foundation. Next Eleanor sets her foundation with Rimmel Stay Matte powder and bronzes up with NARS Laguna. For cheeks, Eleanor adds color with TopShop’s cream blushers. The only thing Calder does with her eyes is mascara, and then she’s on to lips! For lips, Eleanor has said to use Vaseline with a dab of YSL concealer.
Eleanor is mostly always wearing her hair curled in a middle part. Just get about a 1” curling wand and curl away from your face in sections about the size of your ear.
Oh, hey, remember me? I hope so! So basically things got busy and my life got crazy but now I’m back. How was your holiday season? Hope it was well and hope you ate lots of sweets! In a few short days, it will be a whole new year, scary stuff I know. Now we’re all not as fortunate to be able to party in New York on New Years and see the famous ball-drop (but if you are that is amaze).
I put together this trio of different outfits to wear for whatever you’re doing on New Years, take a look.
This dress will sure turn some heads. I have had the experience of trying this on and let me tell you it is so.dang.comfortable. No but really, it seems a bit scary from the outside, but it’s warm&fuzzy on the inside. Maybe can be compared to yourself? …or maybe not, moving on.
Yep, the classic house party. So, it only seems appropriate to dress to this event with a classic little black dress, except this dress is velvet, and, well velvet anything is rad.
Who says staying home by yourself for New Years can’t be fun? Get loads of yummy food, crank up your favorite music, climb into your PJ’s, and dance like nobody’s watching except Miley Cyrus (that’s sure to make you twerk a bit, right?). Who cares if your alone, if your friends don’t have plans, invite them over, and dance together. Kiss your teddy bear when the clock strikes midnight…or your cardboard cut-out of Harry Styles.
PS: all outfits shown are from TopShop. Love ya.
Until next time,