Spring break is approaching, which hopefully means warm weather and soft clouds and the ocean and flowers and happiness. But as much as we would all like to fly away somewhere exotic without a second thought, you usually have to do some planning. Even if you’re not going to Australia or Hawaii, you can still have a dreamy vacation wherever you’re headed.
- Shoes: sneakers, like chucks. flip flops. fancy-er sandals. one pair of heels for a night out.
- Bottoms: shorts, and lots of them. harem pants. maxi skirts.
- One-Piece: a couple light, flowy dresses in both short and maxi length. rompers and jumpsuits are also great throw-ons
- Tops: light tees and tanks in neutral and bright colors. if you’re feeling a bit daring, go for the cropped style.
- Bikinis: this should take up the majority of your wardrobe, a girl can never have too many bikinis. pack some coverups too.
- Accessories: hats and sunglasses, and lots of them for that matter.
- Makeup: none! pack a little lip balm and you’re good to go. but, if you feel you need it for dinners and such, a little BB cream and bronzer will do the job.
Health and Wellness tips:
- Wherever you’re going, drink lots and lots and LOTS of water
- Look up some local restaurants and cafes prior to your trip
- When in doubt, there is always a near by market to stock up on some basics
- Focus on choosing the right foods wherever you are. You don’t want to feel heavy and clogged on your vacation
- Stay active wherever you are! If you’re near an ocean- swim, paddle board, snorkel, surf. If you’re near a mountain- hike, run, or crawl up. If you’re not near anything- go for a run, walk, or bike and explore the area you’re in. Just find some way to move your body and stay active!
- The only beauty products you need are coconut oil, raw honey, tea tree oil, and sea salt spray! Use the honey as a face cleanser, tea tree oil as a toner, and coconut oil as a moisturizer for your face and body. The only hair product you need in sea salt spray, spray it in on damp or dry hair and don’t fuss too much!
- Freedom (#1) – Bikini Daze
- Ends of the Earth – Lord Huron
- Be Okay – Oh Honey
- Peaches – In The Valley Below
- Latch – Disclosure
- Go Outside – Cults
- All of Me – Tanlines
- Happy – Pharrell
- All of Your Heart – FM Radio
- Pompeii – Bastille
- Pumpin Blood – NONONO
Above all, enjoy where you are and let yourself fully be in the moment. Worrying about the past and future does no good for your soul. Bring a couple good books and embrace wherever the universe takes you.
Until next time,
PS: I would love to see where your spring break leads you so mention me on Instagram @claire_ty or on Twitter @clairebearshear of your vacation or where you would like to go! xx