- Change you mindset. This is not a “diet”, it’s a lifestyle. When you choose to live a healthy lifestyle it is all about balance. Don’t dread eating a healthy meal, make every single meal you eat flavor packed and delicious. You can have the things you like, such as brownies and burgers, but in moderation. One bad meal will not make you unhealthy just like one good meal will not make you healthy.
- Water. The best advice I have for this is: CHUG! If you think you’re drinking enough water, drink more. Your body is 60% water. YOU.NEED.WATER!! Water helps with literally everything in your life. When you go out to eat, get water. When you’re at home, drink water. When you’re at work or school, bring water. Always be drinking water. To help with this, get at least a 32 oz reusable water bottle to bring and fill up wherever you are.
- Eat clean, lean, and green. This is a good rule of thumb with healthy eating. Eat lean protein like fish, chicken, eggs, nuts, and yogurt. Eat clean and green foods that fuel your body like vegetables, fruits, and good-for-you grains like quinoa. Strive to eat the least amount of processed foods as possible. Swap out a regular salad dressing(s) for olive oil and lime. If you stick to this moto of “clean, lean and green”, you will be on the road to success.
- Sleep. Now a days a lot of people consider sleep a luxury, not a priority. You need to make sleep a priority. This does not mean getting 6 hours of sleep on the weekdays and sleeping until three on the weekends (i am guilty of this). Get everything done earlier, stop eating and turn off electronics a couple hours before bed, drink something soothing like tea and read a book to help you relax. If you have trouble settling your mind before bed, there are these relaxing chewable tablets called “Tranquil Sleep” that really help. You can buy them here: http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Factors-Stress-Relax-Tranquil-Chewable/dp/B000OBY4MU
- Stay Active. We were born with limbs, and bones, and muscles…our body’s want to move! So get up and move that body of yours. Walk, run, box, jump rope, dance, swim, lift, hike, stretch, bike…just go out into the world, sweat, and move your wonderful body.
I hope my advice helps you, and remember: this is a lifestyle not a diet.
Until next time,