Tonight I whipped up this vegan vegetable and quinoa stir-fry. It doesn’t take very long to make and is loaded with protein. I will post the vegetables I used but you can use any vegetables that you have laying around.
- Measure 1/4 cup of quinoa with 3/4 water and put into a small pot
- Let quinoa cook on low heat for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa is fluffy and absorbed all the water
- If the quinoa soaked up all the water but is not fluffy, add more water. Add water in little quantities
- Cut two stalks of celery, one large carrot, preferred amount of red onion, and one head of broccoli
- Now, get a pan that can be used for a stir-fry, put 1tbs of olive oil in it, and add all the vegetables
- While the quinoa and vegetables are cooking, measure out 1/2 cup of frozen edamame in a bowl and hot water to de-thaw. Fresh edamame is totally fine as well
- Once everything is done cooking, put in in a big bowl and eat with optional cracked pepper and balsamic vinegar.
This is a vegan meal but some chopped organic chicken can be added in addition