I get asked all the time how to make “my overnight oats” or “the perfect overnight oats”. There are so many different recipes out there but I find that this one never fails, is easy, and is universally likable. Overnight oats are just oats that absorb the following ingredients overnight and are to be eaten cold in the morning. They’re great for someone who is on-the-go and needs something quick.
Recipe: (individual serving)
- Cook 1/3-1/2 cup of plain, uncooked oats to double the amount (you put in) water. Cook until oats absorb the water, stirring occasionally
- Put the oats in a separate bowl and add almond milk(or preferred milk) by eye so the oats cool down and absorb the almond milk(around 1/4-1/2 cup)
- Add 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt, 1tbs almond/peanut butter, 1/2 tbs flax seeds(optional), and preferred amount of cinnamon
- Place in a mason jar and leave in refrigerator overnight
In the morning
- In the morning the oat mix is going to be very dry, keep adding almond milk and stirring until it is to your preferred consistency
- Add fresh berries(I like blueberries) and honey
What a brilliant idea! I always forget to factor the “cook time” into my morning routine and end up shoveling the last few spoonfuls of oatmeal into my mouth before I run out the door… This sounds like a great solution!
Thank you so much for supporting me and my blog! I hope you try the overnight oats and that it helps you save time AND get in a nutritious breakfast at the same time! xoxo, claire